Provides basic and in-services training to Health & Family Planning medical staff working at different levels. Various operational research & survey works on different contraceptive methods to identify their effects, the mother & child
A. Family Planning (FP) Services
- Oral pill Distribution
- Condom distribution (Male).
- Birth Control Injection.
- Implant insertion/removal.
- Intra Uterine Device (IUD) insertion/removal.
- Male and Female sterilisation.
- Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) Service.
- Post Partum Family Planning.
- USG guided removal of missing Implant.
- Hysteroscopy guided removal of missing IUCD.
B. MCH Services :
- Ante natal care (ANC).
- Delivery Service including Caesarean Section.
- Post natal care(PNC).
- Sick children (under 5 years).
- Paediatric Care (Indoor Service).
- Vitamin A capsule distribution.
- Immunization Including Hepatitis-B vaccine.
- Adolescent Reproductive Health Care.
- Nutrition Advices/Services for pregnant mother & malnourished children.
- MR and Post Abortion Care (PAC).
- RTI & STI Services.
- VIA (Visual Inspection of cervix with Acetic acid).
- Breast Cancer Screening.
- Management & Treatment of referral Cases.
C. Infertility Services:
- To identify the common causes of infertility in both male & female and provide basic management & treatment.
- To give assurance to the long term contraceptive users.
- Couples are counselled about Infertility.
- To provide moral support through counseling and motivation.
- To provide ultrasonography of infertile clients including TVS.
- Investigations of couples are done by low costs.
- Ovulation induction by hormone.
- IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination).
D. Emergency Obstetric Care (EOC) Services:
- Assure delivery services to antenatal mothers.
- Assure safe delivery.
- Assure care to the new born.
E. Health Education & Counseling Services:
- Antenatal and Postnatal Counselling.
- Nutrition Counselling.
- Adolescent Health Counselling.
- Breastfeeding Counselling.
- Clients Counselling.
F. Supporting Services:
- Imaging : Ultrasonography(Upper, Lower & TVS)
- Pathology: General pathology and special lab for infertility services.
- 24 hour Ambulance Service
- Central Oxygen Supply
- Blood Bank
- Social Welfare Department.
- Training of doctors and paramedics on clinical contraception, RTI/STI & HIV/AIDS Case Management and Reproductive Health, MCH Health & Nutrition etc.
- Training on MR, PAC, IUD, NSV, Tubectomy, Implant, Counselling & Infection Prevention
- 6(six) months CSBA
- 6(six) months Midwifery
- 6(six) months EOC
- Training on Hysteroscopy Operation
- Training on Counselling of Field worker of Health & FP.
- Field training of students from Social Welfare Department under Dhaka and National University and different Medical College Hospitals.
H. Research :
- Operational Research and Surveys
- Clinical trial on different contraceptives before being introduced in the Family Planning Programme.
- On different aspects of Reproductive Health, Maternal & Child Health, Nutritional status and Contraceptive use.
I. Training Unit :
- 6(six) Training rooms with modern facilities (Multimedia, AC, laptop, sound system etc)
- Modern Conference room with highest facilities (75 seats).
- One Cafeteria (Accommodation 60).
J. Trainee’s Hostel & Meeting Facilities:
- Fully furnished 37 Rooms are available including 8 VIP cabins with all modern facilities, including arrangement of food.
- Hostel for 6 months trainees(CSBA, Midwifery, EOC).
- A well decorated conference room with a seating arrangement of 65 persons.